[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation? (from "Checking if a font exists")

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Mon Aug 30 15:42:40 CEST 2010

On 8/30/2010 6:23 AM, Avi Wollman wrote:
> you know what happens when you ask questions like the in the opensouce
> community ?
> you get answers like: When you finish making one please send us all a
> copy.

Yeah, thanks... slightly counter-productive answer, potentially
preventing others from adding a useful answer to the question by
considering it wrapped up with a witty remark. This is not a simple open
source project, it's a project centered around a typesetting engine. If
there's no documentation for a documentation system, all hope is already
lost ;)

I found /the XeTeX Companion: TeX meets Opentype and Unicode/, currently
under construction by Michel Goossens [1], but XeTeX has been around
since 2004. I find it hard to believe that his work is the first
atttempt at documenting XeTeX, so I'm going to go with not believing it
and asking the key players in XeTeX development where documentation can
be found.

- Mike

[1] http://xml.web.cern.ch/XML/lgc2/xetexmain.pdf