[XeTeX] Japanese Characters in PDF do not match thosein source file.

Andrew A. Adams aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Tue Aug 24 15:30:51 CEST 2010

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 10:07:13PM +0900, Andrew A. Adams wrote:
> >
> > Khaled did indeed also make the suggestion - when I got a chance to follow up
> > the multiple suggestions my email handler sorted the messages out of date
> > order for the subject line and Andy:s came above Khaled's in the order. So,
> > Khaled wins the "virtual" prize for being first to suggest this. I'm not sure
> > how I ended up with different versions of the font, but obviously I did.
>
> It is not about who won the "competition", I just felt because of the
> unclarity of my answer, you had to waste a couple more days until a
> clear answer arrived.

No, I wasted a ciouple of days dealing with a different issue that arose
because of my system upgrade when my window manager went wonky, also tracked
down to duplicate files (old library files in that case). I really need to do
a clean install one of these days, but then the same wasted time re-setting
lots of personalisations may arise instead :-). Maybe I should give up
computers and go back to an abacus and a typewriter :-).

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/