[XeTeX] Japanese Characters in PDF do not match thosein source file.

Andrew A. Adams aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Sat Aug 21 04:01:15 CEST 2010

> Could it be possible you have two copies of IPAMincho in your
> system/texpath right now? This has been known to result in issues such
> as incorrect glyphs showing up in the output, as in your case.

I did have a meta-font varient installed from an earlier iteration of things
when I was using the old CJK package and had installed the IPA Japanese fonts
in that way. I did try to remove these as part of my attempts at
troubleshooting before posting to the list. I'll have another look through
and see if there are still references to the old versions, perhaps picking up
the wrong font through misconfigurations.

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/