[XeTeX] Arabic fonts and ligatures after migrating machine

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Apr 29 11:13:12 CEST 2010

Am 29.04.2010 um 08:47 schrieb Manuel Souto Pico:

> The font I use is Scheherazade. I copied the file
> ScheherazadeRegAAT.ttf in /System/Library/Fonts (although it doesn't
> appear in the Font Book, I don't know why).

Two mistakes: don't copy, and don't copy into the system's own
"private" area! If you want to install a font, open it in Font Book,
if you want to copy a font file for use by all users, then copy it
into /Library/Fonts, or better a subdirectory "Additions" or such in
it. Then log out and in.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the
entire catalogue.
		–  Sears, Roebuck, and Co., Consumer's Guide, 1897