[XeTeX] Word wrapping in Lao

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Apr 16 15:24:56 CEST 2010

Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:

> Haha, the power of free software. You ask for something, and
> before you know it, the chief-guy-in-charge responds and
> mentions "can be done, just tell us what you need". Much better
> than "thank you for contacting Microsoft Software Support. To
> make your Microsoft experience better, we recommend that you
> reboot your computer". :-))

Reminds me (in a negative sense) of my dealings with
a British computer manufacturer many years ago.  Whenever
one made a suggestion to them for improvements to their
software, the response was invariably :

"Thank you for your suggestion.  We agree that this would
  result in a significant improvement to our software, but
  we do not feel that this improvement should be made in
  isolation -- rather, we feel that we should make major
  changes to all the code in this area.  Unfortunately we do
  not have the resources to tackle this, so we regret that
  on this occasion we will not be able to adopt your suggestion."

Philip Taylor

[A small prize for the first person to correctly identify
  the company in question !].