[XeTeX] odd dots in math when using russian for math

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 13:51:13 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-29 01:54:41 +0930, Andrew Moschou
<andmos at gmail.com> said:

> Will, have you seen this?:
> http://www.uni-giessen.de/partosch/eurotex99/zaitsev.pdf
> Also:
> http://omega.enstb.org/yannis/pdf/boston99.pdf
> has some information.

Thanks for the links, I hadn't come across them before. Will file them
away to study over a rainy weekend.

> Interestingly, the big operators stretch to cover the
> size of the integrands. That's something I've been wanting to code for a
> while, and I finally did it today, I attached the result.

Looks great! I see you've found another use for glyph bounds; very
useful primitive. (By the way, don't forget about eTeX's \dimexpr  :)
Or perhaps I should be encouraging you to try out expl3...)

I wonder if this would work nicely with unicode math fonts, which I
believe can have any number of extensible delimiter sizes.

There was someone on c.t.t. just the other day complaining that TeX
didn't grow his large operators for him...

Will