[XeTeX] OpenType font that includes CJK & IPA

Yo Sato yosato16 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 12:28:35 CEST 2009

Thanks all, yes Joel, true that one size for all doesn't always work,
given the Han unification... just me being lazy I guess, but my use of
hanzi/kanji/hanja would be limited as a TeX user (some Korean fonts, btw,
include hangul, kanji & kana, which all do not look bad). I'll try the
fonts suggested by Peter.

But more important for me is IPA. Igarashi-san, you say M+ works for IPA,
but I've been using a combined font fetched from somewhere called M+IPAG
or something (fyi: confusingly here IPA being a Japanese font name) and
so far without success with XeTeX for IPA, though other western fonts
work well (like, Deja-Vu). I think there are many ways I can get it
wrong, but if you think of some typical one do let me know...

Yo