[XeTeX] Ooops...

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 23 17:39:47 CEST 2009

Howdy,

Now that the last MacTeX-2009 of Sept 20 is installed on my PPC
Powerbook running OS X 10.5.8 I figured I'd test the updated xdvpdfmx
(which should be universal?) on this configuration (works great on my
MacBook Pro running OS X 10.6.1 with the same font). I have a file
that uses Minion Pro (otf font) that compiles fine on the MacBook Pro
and, with the same font and tex file there seems to be a problem since
the font isn't found properly:

kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+55/600 --dpi
655 MinionPro-Regular-Base-aa
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for MinionPro-Regular-
Base-aa.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

** WARNING ** Could not locate a virtual/physical font for TFM
"MinionPro-Regular-Base-aa".
** WARNING ** >> There are no valid font mapping entry for this font.
** WARNING ** >> Font file name "MinionPro-Regular-Base-aa" was
assumed but failed to locate that font.
** ERROR ** Cannot proceed without .vf or "physical" font for PDF
output...

Any other testing I should do?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz