[XeTeX] OpenType font that includes CJK & IPA

Yo Sato yosato16 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:42:28 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm a newcomer to XeTeX, and excuse me for posting about something not
purely about XeTeX, but wanted to ask you about fonts: I wonder if
there is any opentype (or some other free Linux) fontset that includes
both CJK and IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) in full. Well, if
not in full, in part.

What I need to do is write a mainly English text, with Korean, Chinese
and Japanese data, with IPA notations, on Linux. You could surely use,
say four fontsets in XeTeX, one for Korean, one for Chinese, one for
Japanese and the last for IPA, but this would be messy, I suppose. So
ideally a single fontset, perhaps two failing that, that encompasses
all the above would be nice.

Advice would be appreciated, or if there is any other, more
appropriate, forum I should turn to, let me know, as I can't really
come up with such a mailing list

Yo