[XeTeX] Conjunct consonants in devanagari

Robert Zydenbos indoxetex at go4more.de
Wed Sep 9 19:06:48 CEST 2009

Jonathan Kew schreef:

> [...]
>
> I guess you're using the Devanagari MT font that is included with OS
> X? In that case, try:
>
>   \setmainfont[RawFeature={Conjuncts=Additional Conjuncts}]{Devanagari
> MT}
>
> [...]
> No. It depends on having support in the font, and the Devanagari MT
> font on OS X does not provide this particular form by default, but
> does enable it via the Additional Conjuncts feature.

Great information! Amazingly, such additional conjuncts work in XeTeX
and not in the word processors I use.

Now for a general question: is there any way to see just what special
features are included in a font? Several times, I've seen examples of
the beautiful things that are possible with XeTeX (and sometimes with
costly DTP software) and that demand that the user indicates what
special features are to be used -- but this presupposes that one knows
(a) what special features exist, (b) what they are called / how they are
invoked.

Is there any simple way of finding out?

RZ