[XeTeX] Beginner questions about creating fontspec pdf

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 03:50:56 CEST 2009

On 2009-09-02 00:09:01 +0930, Ravi Parimi
<rparimi at gmail.com> said:

> I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and installed TexLive 2008 from the iso
> recently. I downloaded sources for fontspec from
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/ and am
> trying to figure out how to generate fontspec.pdf from the given
> files. I ran xelatex on fontspec.dtx and see the following errors:

The fontspec documentation uses lots of external fonts, some of them
proprietry, as examples. Unless you have all the fonts installed, you
won't be able to compile it.

If you just want to test if your setup/workflow is working, try the
fontspec example document  (fontspec-example.ltx). It should exist in
the same folder as fontspec.pdf.

Hope this helps,
Will