[XeTeX] Beginner questions about creating fontspec pdf

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Tue Sep 1 18:31:19 CEST 2009

Ravi Parimi wrote:
> I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 and installed TexLive 2008 from the iso
> recently. I downloaded sources for fontspec from
> http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/ and am
> trying to figure out how to generate fontspec.pdf from the given
> files.

Isn't fontspec.pdf included in TL2008? Try the command-line search:

texdoc -s fontspec

and see what comes up. I think you shouldn't have to process it yourself.

> ! Font \zf at basefont="FPL Neu" at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or inst
> alled font not found.
> \zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
>                                                   \unless \ifzf at icu \zf at set@...
> l.163 ...pping=tex-text,Numbers=OldStyle]{FPL Neu}
>
> ?
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

This is because you don't have the font FPL Neu loaded on your system. I
don't know if it's a commercial font or not.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery