[XeTeX] Bidi equation numbering

Mehdi Omidali mehdioa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 08:37:56 CEST 2009

On 10/5/09, Aryeh Weiss <aryeh at cc.huji.ac.il> wrote:
> I have a problem with the equation environment using bidi.sty. The
> attached source and PDF output should show the problem. The equation
> number appears one the right side of the page, even when working RTL,
> and it appears as )I( .

First of all, as a general rule, load bidi as your last package and
put all your commands after loading bidi since bidi modifies many
things. The problem has been removed in the new release of bidi along
with some other problems but this new version has not been published.
For now, just put the following code after you load bidi

\makeatletter
\def\equation{\beginL$$\refstepcounter{equation}}
\def\endequation{\eqno \hbox{\@eqnnum}$$\endL\@ignoretrue}
\def\@eqnnum{{\normalfont \normalcolor
\if at RTL\beginR\fi(\theequation)\if at RTL\endR\fi}}
makeatother

MO