[XeTeX] Xelatex mirror image (pdf output) for print

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 5 18:26:46 CEST 2009

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 19:33:34 +0530
Sreenivasa Guttal wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a pdf book generated using xelatex that needs go for press
> (print on paper). The printer wants a mirror image of the pdf.
> How do i generate pdf mirror image in XeLaTeX?

I have resolved this problem for me by using the crop package with the
`mirror' option, i. e.:

\usepackage[a5,center,mirror]{crop}

One small issue here is that this package doesn't interact with
XeTeX/xdvipdfmx very well, so that the text gets misplaced horizontally
and partially goes outside of the page area. However this can be fixed
by specifying an appropriate \hoffset in \AtBeginDocument (some tries
may be needed to find the desired value).

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty