[XeTeX] OpenType fonts in Linux?

David J. Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Mon Nov 30 10:33:48 CET 2009

Mike Maxwell wrote:

> Is anyone aware of a site where one can find out about the Unicode
> coverage of individual fonts?  The www.wazu.jp site provides some
> information, but I'm not sure how up to date it is (the link for
> information on the arabtype.volt.ttf font was for instance broken as of
> over a year ago).

The best one I know is Alan Wood's Unicode Resources, at
http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/index.html.  It's a very good site, and he
keeps it updated, but does not get quite down to the level of detail you are
looking for with things like Pashto characters in Arabic. He does show,
though, which fonts contain the Arabic Supplement in addition to the
original Arabic range, and how many characters in each are included.

David