[XeTeX] OpenType fonts in Linux?

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sun Nov 29 20:11:43 CET 2009

Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> Well, € 42.84 is somewhat real, but € 230 - no joke, I saw it, just lost that
> URL, as I decided, its too insane :)

Fonts are expensive. This is a constant discovery for people who only
use the fonts that come with their OS, but real fonts cost you an arm
and a leg for the full family =)

That said, you can also buy single fonts, which are always cheaper than
the font families. As such, Zapfino regular might be 42 euro, and the
entire family (including the ligature and funkyshapes) costs a lot more,
since it comprises six fonts. In this case, there six loose Zapfino
fonts, each 42ish, and a family pack of 230 - 20 euro discount if you
buy them all! If you wanted them all, of course ;)

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com