[XeTeX] xelatex + babel and / or polyglossia for Japanese

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 20 02:18:22 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am compiling some documents, and I would like to use babel and/or polyglossia in Japanese, so that chapter headings, figure caption etc are automatically set to Japanese.

I have read the polyglossia manual but it seems that there is no support for Japanese. Does anybody know of a Japanese package for polyglossia? If I cannot use polyglossia, then I could try to use babel, but when I do

\usepackage[japanese]{babel}

that does not seem to work. I am using texlive 2009 on gentoo linux. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Wilfred

      Get your preferred Email name!