[XeTeX] Book Templates

sjo sjo222 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 20:59:00 CET 2009

>>\def\hfootnote#1{{\footnote{\beginR\setRL\ezra #1}}}
> No, that is a bad solution. bidi comes with fully enhanced footnote
> mechansim.
>
> \footnote: if inside RTL environment produces RTL footnote and if inside LTR
> environment, produces LTR environment ...

Thank you. That is valuable information.

To insert a hebrew footnote in a RTL hebrew environment I have to
write \footnote{\ezra ...}, otherwise the font will not be correct. So
is there a way to write a macro that will call \footnote and do the
\ezra at the same time?

Another question to do with using Texworks (maybe this is the wrong
forum to ask this question) is what is the best way to write the main
hebrew RTL material but with control codes such as \footnote in LTR?
If I do right-control-shift in Texworks, I get an RTL paragraph and
get something like:

(swith the material below to RTL)

 אבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט האבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט
אבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט אבגד הןזחט\footnote{\ezra%
אבגד הןזחט} אבגד הןזחט

It is awkward whether RTL or LTR. There does not seem to be a nice way
of mixing RTL material with the LTR English codes required by Latex?

Thank you for all the help.

Jon