[XeTeX] Sanskrit Typesetting

Duvvuri Venu Gopal venugopal_duvvuri at rediffmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:23:36 CET 2009

  Sir

There is no special .dn format. What you do you prepare your sanskrit document with the usual tex commands i.e., \dn{sAnskrit} etc. Now you save it as test.dn instead of test.tex.

Now run the preprocessor  - i.e., at command prompt type "devnag test.dn". The preprocessor will read your test.dn file and replaces it with appropriate code for TeX and gives out a file test.tex. Now run LaTeX  with the command latex test.tex. Then you will get the DVI file or you can type pdflatex test.tex. Then you will get test.pdf file.

Please visit the www.tug.org at present the Interview with Yannis Horolombus was recently placed there. Read that interview for some insignts.

Thank you

Venu Gopal

On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 chandrasekhar s wrote :
>Sir,
>
>I suggest you to take any arbitrary input file and then send it to me
>so that i can view it fully.. i really dont know how to make the input
>file in the .dn format
>

>Chandrasekhar
>
>--
>"The only place where success comes before work is the Dictionary"-
>Vince Lombardi

I use OpenOffice 3.0!
Do you!!