[XeTeX] XeLaTeX and math --- a structural design query

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 18 06:58:35 CEST 2009

If there are no pressing reasons to use the extended font capabilities of xelatex, I would suggest sticking with latex. Two reasons come to mind:

- there are some special packages which provide mathematical symbols, and I don't know if all these are compatible with xelatex. I expect they are, but without proper testing it's difficult to tell

- some users may have an old tex distribution with a potentially outdated version of xelatex on it, if at all. That would create a problem if the templates do rely on xelatex specifics.

Regards,
Wilfred van Rooijen