[XeTeX] XeLaTeX and math --- a structural design query

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 01:42:12 CEST 2009

Hello George,

> This leaves out the workflow.   What steps are needed to go from the
> author's files to the press-ready files?   Will there be resources to make
> corrections to crummy artwork, check bibliographic references, redo
> crummy tables, etc?   Are you working with an existing university press?
> Do they have experience with TeX and mathematics?

The collection will be based initially on Ma and PhD monographs from the
last five years. It is expected that, at the very least, a LaTeX (AMS
compliant) source is still available.
Artwork is prone to be redone. (See e.g. this one real-life case:
http://i41.tinypic.com/rw2lx0.jpg)
I will be dealing with an existing university press, but one with almost no
experience with LaTeX.

I will surely be supervising directly the first numbers in the
collection---and perhaps, if time allows, I will be producing them myself.
As for the new monographs, I will provide an author guide, dealing with
basic graphics and typesetting requirements. That ought not to be an issue.

I do not expect to deal with fancy Unicode typography. But I do wish to use
semibold weight faces, real small caps, and the like.

What do you gather?
Best wishes,

Nicolas