[XeTeX] Memoir class font problem

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 14 10:34:35 CEST 2009

On 14 Jun 2009, at 07:41, Nicolas Vaughan wrote:

> Dear all,
> I've been having a problem using the memoir class withing XeLaTeX.
> When I set the up the headers (using the pagestyle-related commands)
> to use some font option (bold, sc, etc.), I only get the default
> roman.
> For example:
>
> \makepagestyle{mypages}
> . . .
> \makeevenhead{mypages}{\thepage}{\scshape\leftmark}{}
> \makeoddhead{mypages}{}{\itshape\rightmark}{\thepage}
> \pagestyle{mypages}
>

> If I compile it in XeLaTeX, I get only roman normal type for my
> headers (instead of sc and italics). I get no errors or warnings
> during compilation.

A little experimentation shows that removing the polyglossia package,
or even just removing the [latin] option from polyglossia in your
sample, resolves this issue.

So it seems to have something to do with how polyglossia patches the
headers, trying to ensure they appear in the expected font even if the
main text might be using a different language and font at the moment
the page-break happens. Looks like an issue for François to
investigate......