[XeTeX] Memoir class font problem

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 08:41:56 CEST 2009

Dear all,
I've been having a problem using the memoir class withing XeLaTeX.
When I set the up the headers (using the pagestyle-related commands) to use
some font option (bold, sc, etc.), I only get the default roman.
For example:

\makepagestyle{mypages}
> . . .
> \makeevenhead{mypages}{\thepage}{\scshape\leftmark}{}
> \makeoddhead{mypages}{}{\itshape\rightmark}{\thepage}
> \pagestyle{mypages}

If I compile it in XeLaTeX, I get only roman normal type for my headers
(instead of sc and italics). I get no errors or warnings during compilation.
But if I compile the same subcode in PDFLaTeX (using any CM or any of the
postscript fonts) I get what I was looking.
This same problem occurs with default pagestyles of the memoir class that
use font options with the headers (e.g., ruled, Ruled, companion).

Can someone advice me on this?

(I'm using an updated version of TeXLive 2008 in Windows Vista x64.)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Nicolas Vaughan

**************************
Minimal example:

\usepackage[latin]{polyglossia}

\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}

\usepackage{lipsum}

\makeatletter
\makepagestyle{mypages}
\makeevenfoot{mypages}{}{}{}
\makeoddfoot{mypages}{}{}{}
\makeheadrule{mypages}{\textwidth}{\normalrulethickness}
\newcommand{\@mypagesmarks}{%
  \def\chaptermark##1{\markboth{##1}}
  \def\sectionmark##1{\markboth{##1}}
}
\renewcommand*{\@mypagesmarks}{%
  \nouppercaseheads
  \createmark{chapter}{left}{nonumber}{}{ \space}
  \createmark{section}{right}{nonumber}{}{ \space}}
\makepsmarks{mypages}{\@mypagesmarks}
\makeevenhead{mypages}{\thepage}{\scshape\leftmark}{}
\makeoddhead{mypages}{}{\itshape\rightmark}{\thepage}
\makeatother

\pagestyle{mypages}

\begin{document}
\chapter{Lorem ipsum}