[XeTeX] Polyglossia and Arabic (texlive 2009)

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Mon Jul 20 12:08:01 CEST 2009

> Also, dates are always in English whether Hijri or Georgian, I think
> \if at rl is unset (always false), may be an incompatibility introduced in
> the latest bidi package?

Yes. You are right. and thanks heaps for  the test. I will make sure it will
get fixed in the next version of  the bidi.

I rewrote bidi from scratch and I was not happy with "rl" so I made the
condition "RTL" instead "RL" and "LTR" instead "LR" and I let them to be the
same thing but it seems it is not working. This is a small test file that
demonstrates that:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{bidi}

\makeatletter

\newcommand\test{\if at rl RTL\else LTR\fi}

\newcommand\TEST{\if at RTL RTL \else LTR\fi}

\makeatother

\begin{document}

\setRTL

\test

\setLTR

\test

\setRTL

\TEST

\setLTR

\TEST

\end{document}

I guess changing \if at rl to \if at RTL would not hurt much.

Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi