[XeTeX] index' proofmode and ledmac (OT)

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Tue Jul 7 17:49:32 CEST 2009

Am 05.07.2009 um 20:09 schrieb Florian Grammel:

> My main problem though, are passages where a rather long passage is
> *replaced* by a completely different text (rewritten or from another
> unknown source).

Wouldn't this be rather a new version of the original text and worth
to be reproduced as a whole? I don't know much about editorial
practices on ancient authors, but in critical editions of newer ones
this is a not so uncommon practice. Walter Benjamin' Gesammelte
Schriften comes to mind, where there are some texts which are present
in different versions as a whole.

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn