[XeTeX] Epigraph package – removing epigraph lines

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Feb 21 23:47:58 CET 2009

On Feb 21, 2009, at 4:25 PM, Arcadio Rubio García wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm writing a document using the book class along with some custom
> style definitions I'm forced to use.
>
> I'd like to include epigraphs (quotations at the beginning of the
> chapters) in my document. The epigraph package is fine for this.
> However, I'd like to remove the line it creates between the quotation
> and the source. The style I'm using already puts a big line below the
> chapter title, so pages would look too baroque unless I remove it.
>
> I've been looking at the documentation of the package but it seems not
> to have that option, or at least I can't figure it out –I'm new to
> LaTeX–.
>
> I'm open to other options, including a custom chunk of TeX/LaTeX to
> write the epigraphs.
>
> I've also have had a look at other packages for the same purpose
> (quotchap) but they don't work well with XeTeX.

> Regards,
>
> A.R.

Howdy,

Add the command

\epigraphrule{0pt}

in the preamble should make the rule have thickness 0pt so it will be
invisible.

To get help with many packages issue the command

texdoc packagename

(where packagename is the name of the package; e.g., epigraph) in
Terminal. It won't work with all packages but is very helpful with many.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)