[XeTeX] TL2008 on Ubuntu

Meho R. meho_r at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 18:21:17 CET 2009

I'm running Ubuntu 8.10 64-bit and TeXLive 2008. Since I need Kile and kdvi, I first installed them from Ubuntu repos (since both packages depend on TeXLive 2007 which is in repo, I let them install some TL2007 packages that are needed). After that, I simply install TeXLive 2008 from DVD downloaded from tug.org, ticked "Create system links" (or option that sounds something like that, can't remember exact words, sorry) which is present when starting installation and everything works just fine. With TL2008 installation and updating on any Linux distro is piece of cake ;)