[XeTeX] IM Fell Type and XeTeX

Peter Baker psb6m at virginia.edu
Sat Feb 14 22:33:59 CET 2009

I didn't mean to scold Ekin so much as complain (mildly) about the way
the IM Fell types are licensed. Licenses like the GPL and OFL allow you
to do pretty much anything as long as you are doing it for your own
internal purposes; restrictions begin when you want to redistribute the
work. Adobe also recognizes that users may need to alter the product for
their own purposes. The IM Fell license, it seems to me, allows nothing
at all, though Ekin's interpretation of it is also plausible.

Of course, one could just write to Igino Marini and ask whether one can
make this kind of change: he might be perfectly happy with it. There is
also a TrueType version on his website, and this also has OT features;
ligatures, style sets, etc.

Peter