[XeTeX] Font protrusion --- new or old ?

Alexey Kryukov anagnost at yandex.ru
Mon Feb 9 21:41:19 CET 2009

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 20:48:55 +0100

> So far, I haven't seen any single well-designed typeface
> that would be made with FontForge, so I sort of ignore it :)

...And that's not strange, because well designed typefaces
are very rare even among those designed with FontLab. I was
greatly disappointed several times bying highly overpriced
commercial fonts just to realize their quality leaves much to be
desired.

On the other hand, I know at least two free font families (designed
with FontForge) which mostly meet my quality standards: Peter
Baker's Junicode (http://junicode.sourceforge.net) and Linux
Libertine by Philipp H. Poll (http://linuxlibertine.sourceforge.net).
I would also be grateful to hear your opinion about my own Old
Standard and Theano (http://www.thessalonica.org.ru/en/fonts.html).

--
Regards,
Alexey Kryukov <anagnost at yandex dot ru>

Moscow State University
Historical Faculty