[XeTeX] Pardon me for asking a PGF/TIKZ question here

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Dec 4 15:54:17 CET 2009

Am Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:24:09 +0000 schrieb Alan Jones:

> Hi:
>
> I am trying to center a picture that I created using XFig. I converted
> this fig to trikz file using fig2tikz tool. I am unable to center this
> Fig in the document. I also exported the image from Xfig as a PDF
> file. I am unable to center the PDF file also. The source code for the
> Tikz script is as follows.

> Why isn't the tikz or the pdf image not getting centered.

It has nothing to do with tikz. Your picture is larger than
\textwidth/\linewidth and then it sticks out to the right. In most
case you can use a \makebox to center the picture.

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}

\begin{center}
\rule{1.2\textwidth}{1cm}
\end{center}

\noindent
\makebox[\textwidth]{\rule{1.2\textwidth}{1cm}}
\end{document}

--
Ulrike Fischer