[XeTeX] Kashida option for polyglossia or bidi?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:56:27 CEST 2009

On 31 Aug 2009, at 16:56, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> IMHO, this level if Kashida support is very poor typographically (and
> calligrapphically).

Yes, it's a very basic hack; it can be helpful for a limited amount of
adjustment, but if you want extensive kashida stretching, it should
have more sophisticated rules for choosing where to insert them, with
some glyph pairs taking priority over others. I don't think it's
possible to *really* do it right at this level; it needs a much more
sophisticated line-construction engine.

JK