[XeTeX] Kashida option for polyglossia or bidi?

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Aug 31 15:45:19 CEST 2009

Hello everyone!

Is there any consensus about whether an option for kashida could be
included with polyglossia or bidi? Certainly it would make the texts
more elegant for Arabic, Farsi, Syriac, etc.

Attached is the code Jonathan submitted a while back for Persian fonts,
which I used to add mapping Syriac fonts. I suppose the Farsi mapping is
good for Arabic, too. Others might suggest what is lacking for Urdu,
etc., but I really don't have a clue.

Also attached is a test file. Just comment out the \input{KashidaCode}
to see the difference.

Thanks in advance.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,