[XeTeX] No Non-English Hyphenation

Sebastian Kosch koschsebastian at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 8 18:29:11 CEST 2009

> >  LaTeX2e <2005/12/01>
> >  Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english,
> >  usenglishmax, dumylang, nohyphenation, german-x-2008-06-18,
> >  ngerman-x-2008-06-18, german, ngerman, loaded.
>
> That's the start of the log-file of the Xelatex run? In this case I
> would at first check if the source of the problem is polyglossia.

No, that's the start of a regular *LaTeX* run. That's what I was saying; good
old LaTeX finds all the patterns, XeTeX doesn't.

> Run with xelatex
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
> \begin{document}
> abc
> \end{document}.

Works flawlessly with LaTeX, but XeTeX fails again with:

Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
(babel)                the language `ngerman'
(babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0 instead.

So, here's Michael's minimal example:

%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass[11pt]{memoir}
\usepackage[no-math]{fontspec}