[XeTeX] Coordinating fonts in text and math mode: question from a new user

Beau Madison Mount bmount at Princeton.EDU
Thu Aug 6 02:43:20 CEST 2009

Thanks, Andrew! That looks exactly like what I need. I'll experiment
and see how it works.

Incidentally, as for the quantifiers, it wasn't at all uncommon to set
the reversed-E in serif before 1950 or so. (Since most people at the
time just wrote '(x)' instead of using the universal quantifier, I'm
not sure I've ever seen an inverted-A in serif.) *Principia
mathematica* did so, as did some of Quine's early books and quite a
few articles I've seen in *Analysis*. (I think the Journal of Symbolic
Logic used sans-serif from the beginning, though.)

Personally, I prefer it aesthetically, and it fits well with the
overall "look" that I'm trying to emulate (roughly, the way Cambridge
University Press books looked in the early part of the 20th century).
But I recognize that I'm swimming against the tide.

-B. Madison Mount