[XeTeX] XeTeX and xcolor package

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Sat Sep 13 16:24:13 CEST 2008

Am Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:51:45 +0200 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

>> \usepackage{xcolor} works fine for me and use the xetex driver
>

> Of course! The failure becomes visible when the options to graphicx
> and xcolor are different.

Oh, I think I misunderstood. You wanted to know if it normal to run into
problems if you load graphicx and xcolor with different drivers. Well
yes: graphicx and xcolor share the same set of driver files.

so
\usepackage[xetex]{graphicx}
\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{xcolor}

will load dvipdfmx.def after xetex.def and overwrite all or at least
most of its definitions. At the best you will have something equivalent

\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{graphicx}
\usepackage[dvipdfmx]{xcolor}

But is also possible to get a mixture of xetex.def and dvipdfmx.def
settings that mess up everything.
--
Ulrike Fischer