[XeTeX] How does xetex handle non-native image filessuch as eps?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Oct 24 12:53:06 CEST 2008

Am 24.10.2008 um 11:05 schrieb Ulrike Fischer:

> Yuan Qi was asking about exotic graphic formats
> which XeTeX doesn't handle natively. (I don't know which formats xetex
> doesn't handle but I'm quite certain that such formats exist).

All those not mentioned in these two lines (Graphics Convertor could
give an idea of them):

%    \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.pdf,.png,.jpeg,.bmp}			% formats
with xdvipdfmx
%    \DeclareGraphicsExtensions{.mac,.pict,.psd,.sgi,.tga,.tif,.gif}
% additionally with xdv2pdf

Why should anyone care of these unsupported formats? They don't work,
put simply. What, most likely, works is a convertor from these
formats to one of the supported ones. Well, JPEG2000, TIFF, and GIF
would be nice ...

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

   Pete

Stop-and-go:
	Bezeichnung für die vergeblichen Bemühungen
	der Outomobilistinnen, durch "Stop" schneller
	zu sein als die Fußgängerinnen durch "Go."