[XeTeX] Modifying the XeTeX engine

VAFA KHALIGHI vafa.khalighi at students.mq.edu.au
Tue Oct 14 00:45:24 CEST 2008

Dear, MR. Kew. Thanks for your response firstly.

I absolutely agree with you, it is better to apply these changes to the main
XeTeX engine instead creating another engine. They will not have negative
impacts but they improve the right to left typesetting, a lot of things will
happen in the engine so there is no need to write macros and hopefully other
future engines can use them.

I think the best thing that I can do is submitting patches for XeTeX, but as
you might know I am a student and since I want to do this in a more
organised way, I will have to spend some time on it. For the details of the
changes that I have in mind, I will write in detail this weekend.

Thanks