[XeTeX] Turning Arabic ligature OFF

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 25 09:19:10 CET 2008

Could you perhaps put \kern 1sp between the characters?  That will look
messy on screen but you could make some unobtrusive and unwanted character
active (say the Greek lenis if you don't need it) and then define it as
{\kern 1sp}.  And if at some points you want to allow a line-break you could
select another character (say the Greek asper) and define that as {\hskip
1sp}.

John