[XeTeX] Questions to MikTeX - First steps in arabxetex

Marek Stepanek marek at munich-taxis.de
Sat May 17 15:43:50 CEST 2008

On 17.05.2008 14:40, "François Charette" <firmicus at ankabut.net> wrote:

> Ulrike Fischer a écrit :
>> Am Sat, 17 May 2008 13:15:07 +0200 schrieb Marek Stepanek:
>>

>>> So: What I did so far is: install complete versions of MikTeX on his Windows
>>> machine; and two editors: TeXnicCenter and WinEdt (Probably not the right
>>> ones, to write Arab-Farsi from right to left?).
>>>

>> No they are certainly not suited. You could look at texmaker
>> (http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/) or emacs but I don't know if they can
>> handle right to left.
>>

> TeXMaker does support right-to-left and might be the best choice under
> Windows for your task.

> PS: Tell your friend to change the English and French titles of his
> webpage as follows:
>
>> The rules  of   the  language   of Azarbajcan - at Persic language
> Grammar of the Azeri Turkic language in Persian
>
>> Grammatique  de la langue  Turque  et Azerbaique en
> Grammaire de la langue turque azérie en persan

Thank you for the quick answers! Yes this web page is a bit ... shocking :-)
This welcome from a grammarian is not a huge success! I think I have to take
over this page too (sigh!).

This are great news, that there is a regular meeting of TeX-Users in Munich.
There will be at least one more adherent.

> Also the pdf files do not render well in my Adobe Reader 8.1.2: many
> characters are displayed as bullets (perhaps the fonts are incorrectly
> embedded?).

I suppose that Universal Word is using a strange encoding. In any case,
because of these troubles I wanted to persuade my friend to use XeLaTeX
(good idea?).

I am just discovering that TeXMaker is running on Mac too!!! Fantastic! I am
just downloading it.

Could somebody make a little little template out of a pdf-file found on
www.az-dili.com ? I could also send a little text-file in Unicode to every
body, willing to help me with this.

Thank you to all

marek