[XeTeX] Questions to MikTeX - First steps in arabxetex

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Sat May 17 14:06:06 CEST 2008

Am Sat, 17 May 2008 13:15:07 +0200 schrieb Marek Stepanek:

> So: What I did so far is: install complete versions of MikTeX on his Windows
> machine; and two editors: TeXnicCenter and WinEdt (Probably not the right
> ones, to write Arab-Farsi from right to left?).

No they are certainly not suited. You could look at texmaker
(http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/) or emacs but I don't know if they can
handle right to left.

> Is there on Windows a Unix-Shell? I found something called in German
> "Eingabeaufforderung". But this tool does not know many commands.

The old command.com was quite simple, but the newer cmd.exe is quite
good. But as far as I know all almost all shells have been ported to
windows in the one or the other way.

--
Ulrike Fischer