[XeTeX] Debian/Ubuntu packages with SVN XeTeX

Marcin Woliński wolinski at mimuw.edu.pl
Wed May 14 12:19:00 CEST 2008

Dear All,

If anyone is interested, here is a Debian/Ubuntu package with newest SVN
version (well, the version from yesterday :-) of XeTeX:

http://nlp.ipipan.waw.pl/~wolinski/xetex/

Building these packages is very simple, so I intend to do that regularly
(if I don't, kick me).

The package name is texlive-xetex-snapshot and the version is just the
SVN release number.  The package expects TeXlive 2007 as its
environment.  It replaces the package texlive-xetex (you cannot have
both TL7 and SVN XeTeX at the same time).

To use this package on Debian 4.0 ‘etch’ one needs Norbert Preining’s
packages with TeXlive 2007 (see http://www.tug.org/texlive/debian.html).
That is what I use.

On Ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 it works with TeXlive provided in the
distribution.

For me the SVN XeTeX works quite stable, but be warned: this is a build
of the development version.

Best,
Marcin