[XeTeX] [Dev-luatex] A native support for SVG

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jun 30 11:07:18 CEST 2008

Hi,

TeXWorld wrote:

> I request a native support for SVG in XeTeX and in LuaTeX, I think it
> would be a great thing.

I don't know about xetex, but I would (re)consider adding SVG to the
core luatex engine if, but only if, there was an

* open source (GPL-compatible)
* portable
* reliable
* complete
* standalone
* still actively supported
* C or C++

library implementing SVG inclusion support.

If you have any pointers to a library that satisfies all of those
demands, please feel free to post a pointer. Otherwise, any support
I could give in the binary would amount to nothing more than running
svg2pdf, and you can do that in lua code yourself easily enough, so
consider that a waste of time.

Best wishes,
Taco