[XeTeX] LaTeX default font in XeTeX

Gilles Lemagnen gilles.lemagnen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 09:05:02 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

 I would like to use the default LaTeX font (the one that screams "I
am a LaTeX document, love me") in XeTeX. I do not know what packages
to use or what the name of the font is.

This is the document I have, which I export into pdf with TeXShop, on
a Macbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.5

% XeLaTeX can use any Mac OS X font. See the setromanfont command below.
% Input to XeLaTeX is full Unicode, so Unicode characters can be typed
directly into the source.
% The next lines tell TeXShop to typeset with xelatex, and to open and
save the source with Unicode encoding.

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{geometry}                % See geometry.pdf to learn the
layout options. There are lots.
\geometry{a4paper}                   % ... or a4paper or a5paper or ...
%\geometry{landscape}                % Activate for for rotated page geometry
%\usepackage[parfill]{parskip}    % Activate to begin paragraphs with
an empty line rather than an indent
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{amssymb}

% Will Robertson's fontspec.sty can be used to simplify font choices.
% To experiment, open /Applications/Font Book to examine the fonts
provided on Mac OS X,
% and change "Hoefler Text" to any of these choices.

\usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Hoefler Text}
\setsansfont[Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text]{Gill Sans}
\setmonofont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Andale Mono}

\title{Investigation of factors controlling function of novel solar cells.}
\author{Gilles Lemagnen}

\begin{document}
\maketitle

\newfontfamily{\A}{Geeza Pro}
\newfontfamily{\H}[Scale=0.9]{Lucida Grande}
\newfontfamily{\J}[Scale=0.85]{Osaka}

Here are some multilingual Unicode fonts: this is Arabic text: {\A
السلام عليكم}, this is Hebrew: {\H שלום},
and here's some Japanese: {\J 今日は}.
This document was created in \LaTeX \footnote{In fact, I used a
unicode variant of \LaTeX  called \XeTeX to add Chinese characters}
for the benefit of mankind.\\

\end{document}

Does anyone have an idea?

Regards,