[XeTeX] mapping=tex-text and weird ligatures

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:24:29 CEST 2008

On 16/06/2008, at 6:47 PM, Keith J. Schultz wrote:

> 	All these shortcuts are nice, but I would advice anybody
> 	needing to quote and similars is to
> 	define a coomand for setting the quote. the command/enviorment takes
> 	care of the quote marks.

Yes, good idea. The csquotes package is ideal for this (and very well
thought out, too). Out of the box it lets you write \enquote{some
text} and have it quoted in the correct style as per your language
specifications, and you can customise it so that you can use, say,
matching pairs of upright double quotes to do the same thing (writing
"some text" and having it be quoted correctly).

I haven't checked recently, but I'm not sure if it accepts pure
unicode input, though. (I.e., you can't configure it to use, say,
«quillemets» to quote your text.)

> 	On the down side you have to type more.

Ah, but good markup is next to godliness :) so it's worth it.

Will