[XeTeX] fontspec and kpfonts

Ulrike Fischer news2 at nililand.de
Fri Jun 6 14:51:24 CEST 2008

Am Fri, 6 Jun 2008 19:40:58 +0930 schrieb Will Robertson:

> On 06/06/2008, at 6:40 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
>
>> I think something like this would be enough:
>
> That's a nice example.
> I wonder if it would simply be better if I wrote a "package author"
> section of the fontspec manual in which I say (among other things)
> that after \fontspec and related commands is called you can access the
> font family used with \zf at family. I mean, it's not particularly common
> to use the NFSS family name of a fontspec font, is it?

No. But if someone wants to write a package e.g. to support a large
family of fonts he would need it. Using the external-location method (as
in the euenc-package) isn't really perfect: e.g. \addfontfeatures
doesn't work.

> \setmainfont{Latin Modern Roman}
> \DeclareFontShape {EU1}{\zf at family}{m}{sl}
>   {<->"Latin\space Modern\space Roman\space Slanted"}{}
>
> But I've filed your code away for an eventual package on extending
> features of the NFSS a little bit. A better way to access large
> families like LM has been on my to-do list for a long time...

At my opinion the main problem is the counting in the family name (0),
(1) ... when you change the features: You will probably end up with a
mix of family names for different shapes if you are not careful.

--
Ulrike Fischer