[XeTeX] fontspec and kpfonts

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:10:58 CEST 2008

On 06/06/2008, at 6:40 PM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> I think something like this would be enough:

That's a nice example.
I wonder if it would simply be better if I wrote a "package author"
section of the fontspec manual in which I say (among other things)
that after \fontspec and related commands is called you can access the
font family used with \zf at family. I mean, it's not particularly common
to use the NFSS family name of a fontspec font, is it?

\setmainfont{Latin Modern Roman}
\DeclareFontShape {EU1}{\zf at family}{m}{sl}
  {<->"Latin\space Modern\space Roman\space Slanted"}{}

But I've filed your code away for an eventual package on extending
features of the NFSS a little bit. A better way to access large
families like LM has been on my to-do list for a long time...

Cheers,
Will