[XeTeX] "Adode Garamond Pro" Compatible Math Fonts

Marcus Winter m at rcuswinter.de
Tue Jul 29 08:30:27 CEST 2008

> Dear All,
>
> Could you please suggest me how to type "Adode Garamond Pro"
> compatible math fonts in XeTeX? I would like to use a single
> consistent font through out the text and the math.

If you speak a bit German, I have described a little skript that does
pretty much all of the remapping of math symbols from an arbitrary
font:
http://www.marcuswinter.de/archiv/2008-03/1289
At the end is a link to the TeX code that you need to put in your
document - no German required for that. :o)
I used Arial in the example, but have also tested Adobe Garamond
Premier Pro (not sure about Garamond Pro - depends on the particular
math glyphs in that font). All you need to do is to replace the
"\setmainfont{Arial}" with your font of choice and maybe change or
remove the "\renewcommand{\baselinestretch}{1.1}\normalsize" command.
Also you should check if all the symbols you need are working
correctly. Some fonts mix up their locations of e.g. \kappa and
\varkappa, etc.

To everyone else: I would be thankful for any hints on how to improve the code.

Cheers,
Marcus

PS: When do we get PSFrag-Support in XeTeX?