[XeTeX] Ancient Greek in Polyglossia

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 21 13:17:15 CEST 2008

> >> I cannot speak about polyglossia, but as far it regards the
> >> hyphenation
> >> patterns have a look at: http://www.eutypon.gr/e-blog/
> >> A.S.
> >
> > One should not need so much trickery. Ancient greek atterns are
> > already shipped and working in both MikTeX and TeXLive, at least in TL
> > 2008.

This is not "trickery" but the standard method. However, not everybody
has TeXLive2008 (or whatever it will be called) and so some need to
manually download files and adjust their system to their own needs.
No offence, but I do not need a LaTeX/XeLaTeX format file with
German or Russian hyphenation patterns as I am not using them!
And of course many many people do not write in ancient Greek so
they do not need to load the corresponding hyphenation patterns.

A.S.

-
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece