[XeTeX] Ancient Greek in Polyglossia

François Charette firmicus at ankabut.net
Mon Jul 21 11:45:06 CEST 2008

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Yves Codet wrote:
>
>> I expect that in TL 2008
>> Polyglossia will use the new utf-8 package. François will tell us if
>> he's around.
>>

> I guess it will. The patterns are controlled in language.dat.
> Polyglossia only sees the name of patterns and cannot really influence
> which file with patterns is loaded under that name.
>
> Mojca

I was about to answer the same thing as Mojca.

With respect to hyphenation polyglossia works exactly as Babel, so the
hyphenation patterns used are those declared in language.dat (and
compiled into the xelatex format). I am currently running a very recent
svn version of TeXLive and all patterns are loaded as they should.

François