[XeTeX] XeTeXpicfile unable to load PDF

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Jul 21 08:27:47 CEST 2008

On 21 Jul 2008, at 5:32 AM, Sven Siegmund wrote:

> Hello,
>
> here is a minimal beamer document which does not want to compile:
>
> \documentclass[dvipdfm,hyperref=xetex]{beamer}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{frame}{ng vs. na subject ratio}
> 	\XeTeXpicfile "ngna.pdf" width 0.9\textwidth
> \end{frame}
> \end{document}
>
> (Find attached the ngna.pdf)
>
> What did I do wrong? xelatex reports "! Unable to load picture or PDF
> file 'ngna.pdf'."

It works for me. What OS, what TeX distro, what xetex version?

By the way, I would suggest using the graphicx package and the
\includegraphics command in preference to "raw" \XeTeXpicfile. (But
that doesn't explain your current problem, as the exact sample shown
here works for me.)

Do you have the ngna.pdf file in the same directory as the input .tex
document, or should you be using a path to find it?